Tuesday, November 3, 2009

just playing with the birdie cage .....

Hello all my girlie girls,
Gosh, I'm finally feeling like me again .. this has been a long 10 days of feeling ... well .... like POOP !! My voice is finally cracking back .. but, I can be heard ... YIPPEE !! I've really been cleaning things up, and putting all our halloween stuff away, and getting ready to start decorating for Christmas .. I try to have most done by Thanksgiving, and when we get home that night we turn ALL the lights on for the first time, and listen to Christmas music !! I really LoVe the holiday season, and all the family traditions to be carried out each year !! Sooo wonderful !!
I cleaned out my birdie cage today, and took out all the fall stuff, and it will stay like this until the Christmas fairy does it's magic on it !! Everything gets dressed up for the holiday here !! This is one of my lefton bluebird wall pockets that hangs on here, and I put little teacups for feeders, and there always has to be some colored lights to brighten her home !! I LoVe playing and changing this up !! There is something about old birdcages that draws me to them .. I see soo many of them when I visit some of you, and they are just sitting pretty on shelves and armoires,and I try to get myself not to always have to decorate everything I buy, BUT, I just can't seem to leave them alone, I have to drape ribbons and lace, and china cups from everything I buy .. what is with that ?! I guess it's just the little girl in me, always wanting to play house, and making everything pretty and just so !!
Well, I sure hope this finds each of you, staying healthy,having some creative fun, and feeling totally blessed somehow !! I'm soo excited too, on Nov. 15th, Rachel Ashwell will be visiting and signing her new book at Country Roads in Olde Towne Orange, and Christy Repasy will be there the same day !! I can't wait .. Can you believe both of them together in one place, 5 minutes from my home !!! Yippee Skipee for meee !! I'll of course take pictures and share after ...
Have a wonderful Wednesday my sweet bloggy friends ~ Blessings and LoVe to all of you, and remember God is good and merciful and always Faithful !!!
Big huggers ~
~tea~xo

21 comments:

  1. Hi Tanza ~ Well, my goodness, you've really had a time of it with feeling so puny and wretched - so glad you're doing so much better.

    Well, I love birdcages too and yours is darling! Hey, its just your style and taste to decorate everything - that's okay, in fact, it is great because it is YOU! And I love what you do. That is the very cutest little bluebird ever! And the lace draped on top just sets it off - I'm going to have to try that on mine. Why didn't I think of that?! Course a pink rose on top is essential. And the lights are really needed (a birdie has to be able to SEE). I think we might be two of a kind....

    Cynthia K. (Beauty and Blessings)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes bird cages are all the rage here in australia too...very pretty all dressed up just like yours.
    get an extra signature from rachel for me!! :P
    smooches rosey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning tea! Woo Hoo, today is a vac day from work for me!! I am doing the happy dance!! Love your birdcage and the doily and little bluebird look absolutely adorable. I adore your decorating! My daughter tells me my decorating just isn't complete unless everything has a doily under it or on it! The spare look is just not you! I love seeing your decorating pictures. Have a wonderful day! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tanza~

    I am a new follower and just adore your Blog. Everything is so beautiful. I love all the PINK!

    Sorry you have not been feeling well but glad you are better :)

    Come and visit my Blog also when you have time.

    Warmly,
    LuLu Kellogg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sweetie! I am so glad you are feeling better! We have had the poopy feeling in this house too :( It is terrible this year!
    Your birdcage is too cute for words!! I LOVE the birdie!! How sweet!!
    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tanza...so sorry to hear you have not felt well. I too have been battling something for well over a month. So I understand completly!

    Just too darling of a birdcage! So sweet! You sound like me! I like to pack up my Fall decor and try to get some things done before thanksgiving. I just LOVE Christmas and decorating for it!

    Please come by for a visit for my 200th blog post celebration giveaway!

    Blessings...Lorena

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tanza, what a sweet bird cage, I just loooove it. Your entire blog is do die for.
    I ordered 1 each of Rebeccas cookie cutter cards and can't wait til I get them.

    Thanks for coming by and checking out my hats. Don't you just love their sweetness?

    Hugs
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGoodness.... Your birdcage is 2die4!! What an imagination you have!!
    Have a great day!
    Love,
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tanza!
    I stumbled on your blog today, and what a blessing. I so love it. I adore all the pink and I love tea things. Love what you did with the bird cage. So beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    I have signed up to follow your blog. I can't wait to see what you share next with me. Please pop over and say hello. I would so love to have you visit. I would be honored to have you follow my blog as well.

    Glad to hear you are feeling better. Stop by soon. Country hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Tanza, so happy you feel better... your little birdcage is adorable! Bisous... Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your birdy cage is too sweet!

    I hope you are on the up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Darling girl, I am so glad you are feeling better. Those awful colds just take it out of you, don't they?

    Your birdcages are so adorable....love all the sweet touches you have applied to them. Tea, I have birdcages everywhere in my home. I also just adore them!!

    Continue to take good care of yourself.

    Blessings and love, Barb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Tanza,

    Glad you are feeling better! Love your bird cage, and the blue bird is so sweet!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are soooo lucky to see both Christy Repasy and Rachael Ashwell!! Holy cow, I would be so star struck! I am glad you are feeling better too. I know that feeling of feeling alive after being out with sickness. I always get a burst of energy afterwards.

    Your bird cage is sweet. I have a very special wrought iron bird cage in my garden. It is about 6 ft tall and 3 ft wide. I got it at a flea market and it is priceless to me.

    I love Christmas too and decorating. Christmas music always makes me nostalgic. My dad is a music lover and it brings back many years of memories.

    I will catch up to you after my sale and we can talk about the box. I have it safe until we work something out.

    I hope you recover fully soon, take care ~ Nichole

    ReplyDelete
  15. G'morn, sweet Tea ~Glad to finally hear this 'bug' is passing ... we both have it now.

    Love that darling birdcage ... you have a wonderful talent for bringing beauty to everything in your home ... it is just gorgeous.

    Hugs of love, TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whew....that crud's been hitting everyone, it seems. I'm so glad you're feeling like your spunky self again!...and I'm so sorry you've been sick.

    Your little birdcage is just tooo darn cute. Yep, I think it's all about big girls playing house. :-)

    Huggies!
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello, Tanza,
    I am glad you are feeling better and getting your voice back. It is horrible to be unable to talk!! I love your birdcage and that sweet bluebird is wonderful!! I pretty much have to decorate everything, too. I hope you have a blessed and beautiful week! Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm up before dawn and trying to get my day started. I thought I'd surf around the Web a bit and found your wonderful blog. Your birdie cage is just darling and I'm glad you were feeling well enough to tackle it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Buonasera Tanza, thank you for stopping by Mammabellarte, Christie will be opening the store in Fallbrook soon, that could be a date! I will keep you informed. Maybe you will surprise us at the barn sale, not to far. Ciao Rita

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Tea, just thinking about you this morning. I hope you are well.

    Love and hugs, Barb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. So glad you are feeling much better and on your way up the health ladder. I must say that cleaning this kind of bird cage is soooo much more fun than a cage with a real birdie;-0.

    ReplyDelete