Thursday, September 24, 2009

My Queen of Shabby arrived today....

Hello to all my bloggy girlies,
I was so excited to get my call today, from my favorite bookstore ever, that my Rachel Ashwell book arrived.. I of course hurried down there to grab her up !! I soo LoVe this woman, and couldn't wait to gobble up her every word, and the pictures are still just amazing..It is truly her signature style that I believe has made us girly girls go crazy !! Everything soo flea-market style, and the prettiness of imperfection !! We get to take the journey into soo many of her beautiful homes and hide-aways, and she so lovingly, and creatively shares all her rooms, trinkets, and treasures !! Just soo lovely..And yes, she still uses plenty of creams, whites, and PINKS !! I was soo worried that she too, like some of my favorite magazines had maybe changed her course !! Nope !! She's still "Sweet, Romantic,Rachel, and shares with us, in a Rachel only way, to make our homes,truly intimate, romantic and special !! I haven't read it all of course, BUT, I have surely scoured through every page..I CAN'T seem to put this down..yikes~Gosh, in the last couple of days, I've recieved two of my favorite magazines in the mail too.. I have alot of reading to catch up on !! I don't know if you girlies are all like me, but, I have to thumb through every page, and than go back and read, and than re-read my favorite articles !! I'm soo excited to get home from work, take a bath, and curl up on my pretty, comfy sofa and fall into bliss reading !! It will make my day !! I LoVe having something to look forward to when I get home.. I wish I could say I will make a cup of hot tea as well.. BUT it is still soo beastly hot here, and I will need a BIG glass of my raspberry lemonade full of ice..and nooo blankies here !! Gosh girlies, you will all have to share if you have read this book, and what you all think of it !! Poor Rachel has been thru alot lately, and I soo hope the best for her... I STILL think she should come up with a Rachell magazine, she has soo much to share, offer advice, and soo creative, I would buy those up like crazy !! She sure has quite the vision,and her love of vintage style has soo got me hooked !! Okay, soo now that you all know what I will be up to .. let me know what you've been up to !! Hoping all is well with you, and you're doing something that tickles and warms your heart..what more can you ask for !! Blessings and LoVe to each of you as find your passions,and make them happen !! God is good, and right there...yep...right there when you need him...
Big hugs to each of you~
~tea~xo

16 comments:

  1. I love Rachel she is the Queen of Shabby that's 4 sure. Have a great day!


    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have all her books so far.... Guess I will have to visit B&N to get this one!! :-)
    Hope you have a great day!!
    Love,
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to get that book! You sound just like me...getting excited about getting home and curling up with my favorite magazines and relaxing with a glass of sweet iced tea! It is way too hot for hot cocoa or cider around here! I can't wait for cooler weather! I love fall...my favorite time of year!

    Hugs to you,
    Lee Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, I have got to get that book!!! You have made me want it even more now :) I cant wait and I am glad she still uses pink :):)
    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to hunt this down today, Tea! The Mags better be good with NEW STUFF! Tell me they are!

    Love to you~

    xoRebecca PS: LMK what you think of my old bathroom! I mentioned you when I showed my RED WALLS! HAHAHHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Tanza, I received my Rachel Ashwell book last week and still have not looked through all of it, you are right, it is one of those you have to savor slowly, then go back again and again... my new Romantic Country magazine arrived yesterday, but our bookstores still don't have the new Romantic Home yet, darn! I know what you mean about curling up in a cozy chair and savoring your magazines, it is one of my very most favorite things to do! Thanks also for the sweet comments on my post, I was having a bad day!!! Today is good, thank you! Bisous... Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, Tanza,
    I am going to get this book. I love everything Rachel Ashwell. I am glad she has not changed her style and still has those colors we love. I also got the lastest Romantic Homes and Romantic Country magazines so I look forward to reading them with a hot cup of coffee. Sending happy thoughts your way. Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yup! Tear thru, finger pages, then settle back & absorb the pictures even more ... THEN focus on articles lastly ... however could one do it otherwise? There's too much & it would boggle a mind!

    I love RA, but most of the other magazines are not changing or drawing new interests ... it seems they just keep giving the same-o, same-o all the time lately. I did like the new TEA magazine for a change of pace, have you seen it yet?

    You have to go read what I said to Reb about the 'toidie' ... chuckle!

    Hugs of love, Tanza ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds perfect to me! I still have to get that book, have fun at Kmart, LOL!!
    Hugs~Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Tea, you sound so happy. Isn' it fun to get a new book and/or magazine?! I have two of her books from a while back.

    You make me smile. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Love, Barb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know what you mean by getting a good book or magazine to get inspired sitting down enjoying the moment full of eye candy. I still would love to get her DVD's. Thanks for posting some peeks of her book. Your a sweetie!

    Enjoy your day-

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, you put me over the fence! I was dilly dally-ing but no more!
    I have a funny habit of starting from the back-scanning quickly and then later when I'm alone and can enjoy-I savor it with a pot of tea at hand!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rachel...Queen of "SHABBY"...Thanks for sharing...I didn't know she had a new book out...quess I need to check it out.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm new to your wonderful blog home. I didn't know Rachel Ashwell had a new book, I have all the others and will start looking for the new one!
    Hugs
    Robin
    All Things Heart and HOme

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! Just think of it...Shabby Chic magazine! That would be very cool!

    m ^..^

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mmmmmmmm........doesn't that look yummy as can be? I'm going to be on the lookout for that one! She has a great style, doesn't she? Who ever thought one could make a fortune promoting junk! :-) It sure has given lots of ladies loads of fun.

    Hugs,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete