Saturday, September 19, 2009

A BIG BLACK MONSTER CAME TO VISIT.....

Hello on this beautiful,warm,sunny morning my sweet bloggie girls!!! I've soo missed you all.. I was traumatized by this BIG, black monster coming into my home, I've been a busy girlie!!My husband has talked about this thing FOREVER, BUT, me always being able to win his ideas over, I was able to keep this away for a LONG time..BUT, being that football season is well under way.. HE was bound and DETERMINED to bring this MONSTER into my "pink lovin"gotta be girly home !! WHAT !! I actually cried, pouted, and stomped around !!BUT, HE won, and this new MONSTER friend was his new best girl !! It one him over, and I wasn't going to win this one !! I'm not used to this.. This MONSTER friend was here to stay !! Sooo, to be fair, I was able to go pick out pieces of furniture to hold this beast (his new friend)... Soo off I went, to Debras' Cottage, in Costa Mesa.. They have rooms full of vintage white furniture.. Everyone that tried to help (console me), gave me wonderful ideas.. Nooo ..I didn't have to have a BIG, ugly stand, or shelves.. (no cords can show) anywhere.. Another one of my pet peeves !! Anyone who was even brave enough to come close to me, had to hear me sob !! But, this is what I ended up with.. A beautiful, already redone late 1800's side buffet, and a early 1900's music cabinet, for all the other black yuckie stuff..The store was closing, and I asked when it could be delivered, and they said right now.. EVEN better !! I was going to fix this black monster up !! Soo girlies, this is what I came up with !! Do you like it ?! Give me ideas, or tell me what else can be done !! It's all I see is BLACK, and this thing is huge !! eecckk.. Will I ever become friends with this thing ?! I peek around the corner to see if it's still there,and yep, it's not moving.. It stands proud as a peacock in my family room, almost, seemingly, glaring at mee !! darn thing.. My husband plays with this endlessly, and seems to carress the remote.. I'm not kidding.. This is all new to me.. You all know me, and I'm soo not the tv kinda girlie..Remember I was thrilled when the one in our room got the boot.. this was just hubbys way of saying that "c" word (compromise)..ooohhh I hate that word, especially when I have to do the "verbage" part..uugghhh.. I keep telling him, I'm not decorating anymore for halloween, cuz we already have this BIG MONSTER thing in my home !!
Girlies, what am I to do.. paint it pink, wrap and drape it in ribbons and lace...I LOST girlies.. this is gonna end up having to be my monster friend too !! You all need to post and show me what you do with these things.. I bet soo many of you, have the best ideas !! It was way to big to be put in an armoire..any more ideas, please share.. Sooo girlies.. that is what I have been crazy about the last couple of weeks..and darn, I LOST.. boohoo..that's what hurt more than anything.. cuz, I usually get my way with the hubby.. He doesn't want me winey and crying..remember he has to live with this "pink lovin" girlie.. hopefully, I just get used to this..mmmm..I might EvEn try to like it !! hahahaha..
I LoVe all you sweet girlies, and value any helpful hints, and\or therapy you may have to offer !! Hoping all of you are HAPPY, and Lovin' anything that tickles your heart.. You all make mine pink,warm, and fuzzy..xxoo
I KNOW.. I KNOW.. God is good, and patient, and LoVes me,EvEn when I'm spoiled and whiney.. He is faithful !!
Hugs to you all ~
~ tea girl ~ xx

14 comments:

  1. Sweet Tea...

    I HATE the Big Black MONSTER, too! But~I think you did an AWESOME job of covering up his UGLINESS! You go girl! I've compromised soooo much! Remember the building I had built in the back for my studio? Yep! Steve got it! Just as well! I think I'm going to like our new addition much better.

    Cheer up, sweetie. Before long you'll have it draped in lace and you'll KINDA LOVE IT!

    Love to you~ Miss you sooo much!

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Tanza... you will get used to it! I have to meet Jack "halfway" on our shabby home... he tolerates all my pink and fu fu stuff, so I have to be nice and tolerate his! I do feel for you though... sometimes things just look sooo ugly, then you find yourself getting more and more used to them... Bisous... Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I surrender long ago to the compromise word. Just have a cup of hot tea, sit in a comfy chair with your favorite magazine, Ipod playing your favorite music in your ear, and the monster will vanish; all the while your hubby will think you are just the most wonderful wife for keeping him company while he adores his new love.
    Have a great weekend. Enjoy the sunshine, we have had rain every day here in Georgia for the past week.
    Best wishes for much BLISS, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear tea, I feel your pain!! But our hubbies live in our homes with us so we have to compromise. We don't have a family room and all that ugly stuff is nicely tucked into a pretty armoire in our livingroom but it sits atop my chifferobe in the bedroom. Ugly it is but I just live with it. Sweetie, you have accessorized that thing so pretty, my eyes went straight to all the pretty pink and pretties around it. I love the furniture you bought to hide it! Let's see, the new Romantic Country and Country Victorian magazines will be out next week so you can drown your sorrow in them. It will get better and you will have a happy hubby with his new TV! Blessings to you!! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL!!! I understand your pain...it would help tone down the resentment, if the big ugly would come in cream, pink, or white rather than black or grey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel for you - take care now. Best wishes & keep blogging !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling Tea, I am trying not to laugh here. My hubby just purchased a 37" television and ruined our family room bookcase. You know what....it makes him happy and I will eventually figure out how to make it tolerable....so will you.

    Just give it a bit of time. Those husbands are so dear and precious....what on earth would we do without them?

    Sending you my hugs, sweet girl,
    Barb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my, it does seem as though all husbands just have to have a big ugly black monster in our homes! My home is not as pinkie-lovely as yours (boo hoo) but I do have most of the girlie stuff upstairs and the monster lives in our downstairs family room....HIS room!!
    You have done a beautiful job of camophlage(?). Maybe you could get a pretty lacy vintage tablecloth to drape over it when not in use!!
    I am so excited to have found your blog..this is my first visit. I live in Anaheim Hills, shop regularly at Old Towne Orange...Country Roads is my fav, too! I just kept reading your older posts and see that you know Sara from Orange Mercantile...I have known her for many years but not seen her for a long while.
    Would love to meet you in person some day!!
    Pink Hugs!
    Georgia
    Grandma G's
    grandmagscottage.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Tanza,
    I hide mine in a large armoire in my living room. I know how you feel. I feel the same way about electronics. I want my home feminine and romantic. I live by myself so I do have a little advantage. I think it is wonderful that you were willing to compromise. Wishing you the very best! Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Tea, I love ya!!!!! I totally understand, lol!! My guy has to have all the latest black monsters and they are all so ugly!! I LOVE the furniture you bought to hold it!! It totally draws the eye away from the black monster, I promise!!!!!
    Hugs and thank you for the smile today, I needed it :)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi T
    I Love my big black monster - he goes from room to room showing me me how to create stuff, how to cook, how to dance, shows me what's goin on around town {and the world}, tells me gossip, keeps me company, plays my favorite music, and reads me endless stories on lifetime.

    And he's always turned on -

    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Tanza~~I've just strolled into your blog for my first visit...I've enjoyed taking a peek at your past posts. What beauty! You've got so many wonderful treasures. Our tastes are very similar including the necessity of hiding the *black monster* inside a little or large lovely piece of decor!
    I've bookmarked you in my favs.
    I look forward to coming by your charming blog again.
    Come by for a visit. The company would be nice.

    Sweet wishes,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tea, I had to come over and tell you this. My husband was changing an outlet in the kitchen for me and I reminded him that I did not want any cords showing!!!!! He looked at me like that was the first time he had ever heard this.....he thinks I am nuts!!!! Guess what, I don't have any cords showing. heheheh

    Just wanted you to know......aren't we a mess?

    Love ya, Barb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Tea, sweetie I feel your pain!!! Football season is just about over here in OZ (the Grand final is this coming weekend), and my hubby had to go out and buy a big black monster at the start of the season too! How I hate it! Why can't they at least make pink or even white big screen tv's??? lol Anyway, sweetpea, just wanted to stop by after a long absense to wish you a wonderful week my dear friend!
    Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

    ReplyDelete