Monday, August 17, 2009

sweet place to visit...

Hello to you my bloggy friends,
I had such a fun week-end.. I even took my camera.. We went to church on Sunday, and than headed for lunch and a stroll at the Orange Circle..I've shared before about this sweet towne..Everything is left to look as it was back in the day.. We ate at Watson's,which is also a pharmacy, and than walked to all my sweet shoppes.. I took some pictures of the actual Circle in the middle of all the joining streets.. It's like a park, with a waterfall and Big shady trees.. From there you can head down any of the four streets to all the fun places.. I always have to buy a gellato, (pink of course)..it gives me my energy to gooo..(soo yummy).. I always have to go see my sweet friend Donna, at her shoppe, "The Victoria & Co.. See, all her fun stuff for sale.. Wowsers !!
And than ladys, I found Emmas sister in "pink".. Do you see her ?! She was $75.00 tho, and I wasn't going to pay that for her, when sweet ~r~ got Emma for 19.99.. WHAT !!! Ooohhh that was soo hard to walk away from !! Not really tho, cuz sweet hubby was NOT going for that.. Noway..Nohow !! Ooohh darn him !! Soo, I will still check out TJ Max for her !! I did buy some sweet treasures from Donna..She always has everything out for the season to come, soo..it was Harvest type pretties yesterday !! It was soo fun..and such a wonderful relaxing day to be out and about, especially just 5 mins. from home, and the weather was Perfect !!
Hope you enjoy the stroll around towne, and if you're ever in Southern Ca.. it's a must go.. It is definetly a day trip or two.. You couldn't make it in all the shoppes too quickly..A very pleasant day I must say !!
I soo hope and pray you are all doing wonderful, and enjoying and squeezing in all your last minute Summer fun !! Remember to keep your eyes and hearts heavenward, and keep seeking HIS face.. God is good, and merciful and ever so graceful !! Love to all my sweet bloggy girlies as always..
Hugs ~tea~xo



14 comments:

  1. I'm soooooooooooooo SAD because I wasn't there to have fun with you in Orange Circle. I saw TONS of Emma's Sisters at TJMaxx and some at Hobby Lobby, too (little cousins). Somebody bought the girl you found and painted her pink! Big profit for a 2.89 can of spray paint! :)

    I LOVE You and miss you so much, friend.

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a marvelous day! We don't have pretty places like that to shop here where I live, but once I'm inside Home Goods or T.J. Maxx, I forget all about it! LOL! Have a wonderful week!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks and sounds like it was a lot of fun! I love the fountain! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a quaint & beautiful town!! From what I hear there are a lot of Emma wanna' be's all over the place!! LOL!!
    Have a great day!
    Hugs & Smiles,
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. ... and your 'vette' parked right in front of Watson's, but it isn't PINK, Tea ... chuckle!

    Looks like a very interesting place to shop ... the cooling gelatto in a beautiful park ... what time can we go next Sunday?

    A fun & relaxing day ... glad you enjoyed. Hugs, TTFN ~Marydo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I NEED TO GO SOON! IT HAS BEEN A FEW MONTHS. LOVE IT THERE. MY FAV PLACE TO EAT IS AT PARIS IN A CUP...BUT I WANT TO TRY WATSONS. I LOVE THE LADY THAT HAS THAT STORE WITH ALL OF THE PILLOWS ETC... KIND OF VIBRANT FOR MY TASTE, BUT SHE IS NEAT TO TALK TO AND LOVE HER DISPLAY. I LIKE HER RETRO KITCHEN STUFF! MY OTHER FAV STORE IS COUNTRY ROADS ANTIQUES... CHRISTIE REPASY HAS A BOOTH IN THERE TOO! LOOKS LIKE YOU HAD A NICE TIME! ENJOY YOUR WEEK! TAKE CARE- HEATHER

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely day you must have had! And the icecream looks yummo!! Stunning place! have a great week!
    mandii

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi dear Tea, I love little towns like this and my sweet husband and I are always going to them especially in the Fall....when it is a bit cooler.

    I love the picture of all the little pillows.....oh, I would have a fit. I love little pillows!!

    Thanks for sharing your special day with us. It was a treat. I hope you are doing well.

    Big hugs!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! Someone Else who loves Pink!lolol...Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I live in Imperial Valley. It is in the desert 110 miles south of Palm Springs. Your trip sounds so fun I would love to take a drive up there. Is the area called Orange Circle? I am re-opening my Gift Shop after being closed for over 5 years to care for an ill hubby. I am very excited and many of my customers are anxious too. I am a "jack of all trades" and doing everything mostly myself........Blessings. Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Pauline,
    I went to try to write you on your blog, but, couldn't access it for some reason.. Hope you get this.. Yes, it is the "Orange Circle"it's called this because of the Circle park area in the very center of the towne..It is such a wonderful, quaint place to spend the day.. I recieved my new Romantic Homes magazine yesterday, and when I opened the editorial page,to my surprise, Jacqueline is sharing about her recent travel , shopping day to the Orange Circle as well.. Very sweet, you will have to read this.. It really is a step back in time, when life was much slower, and you know longer feel the hustle and bustle of today.. It is so worth your drive.. Thanks for coming by Pauline, and I so hope your able to come visit.. Happy and Blessed Sunday to you and yours..
    Hugs ~tea~xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tea, Thanks for such a wonderful tour of a absolutely delightful town. How special a pharmacy which still has lunch...Oh, I would love to sit at a vintage lunch counter:-).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Tanza, what a beautiful blog you have... I found Rebecca's "Emma's" sister at our TJ Maxx, she was already shabby white, a smaller version of Rebecca's and only $9.99! I fufu'd her up in ribbons and lace and vintage rhinestones... she is on my blog if you would like to take a look... Love the pink one, but not that pricetag! I read in your profile that you love to garden, and especially roses and herbs, me too! What a Heavenly combination... I will be back to visit often... Bisous... Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete