Monday, June 22, 2009

A sweet lil' cakeplate..

Well good Marvelous Monday my bloggy friends..Gosh, I am surprised I was able to do a post today.. These are usually crazy days, BUT, with Summer now, a little bit easier.. I don't always have to be in a hurry !! YIPPEE !! I was just in the kitchen cleaning up dinner messes, and decided to clean this cake stand out !! It's always like opening surprises, just seeing what I have tucked in here !! It's my special "bridal rose teacup", some pretty sachets from Rebecca.. It smelled so pretty when I took this cover off.. Yummy !! And, do you see my sweet lil' salt dishes ... I collect these too.. Anything, cute ,dainty, and if it's pink with any sort of rose..gotta have it.. Don't you LoVe when you collect things that you just LoVe to look at !! It's funny I was at an Estate Sale years ago, and this sweet Lady who lived there, saw me looking at these and came up to me, and opened my hands and tucked these into my lil' fists, and said, I want you to have these..She said, sshh..don't tell anyone, but there mine, and I want them to go home with you !! She was soo funny, because she was watching what everyone was buying, and taking away.. It was soo bothersome to her, to see her pretties gooo..She only wanted ladys' buying things that were taking them home, and loving them.. She didn't want people buying her pretties to resale.. That would break my heart too, to watch as my treasures were being carted off !!
I guess that's why when the Lord says "to store all our treasures in heaven".. Those are the ones that truly matter in the end.. Not our collections here !! WOW !! I do try to remember heavenly thoughts like this..
Oohh.. I didn't mean to get soo side-tracked.. hahaha.. that's soo mee tho !! I hope you enjoyed peeking under my pretty rose painted cake top, to see what's hiding under there..I soo LoVe showing all my pinky pretties.. It doesn't stop girlies !! I really think I have some sort of pink ailment !! But, I'm LoVing it as always..I'll be a peeking in at you all too !!
LoVe and HuGs for a beautiful,Blessed week..
~tea~xo

11 comments:

  1. I always FORGET just what all you've gotten from me. Please give some back. I'm decorating my refashioned/refurbished STUDIO and I need some pretties! :) :) :)

    Loving & Missing you as always.

    xoRebecc

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous tea, and very clever to store your pretties on the cake stand. I'm so attracted to cake stands and yours is lovely with all the pretties tucked inside!! Such a sweet story about the little sweet lady. Don't you just love little ladies like that? Sometimes I enjoy visiting as much as I enjoy looking at their treasures for sale. ;)
    Have a sweet day!
    ♥ Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty! I love all of your pretties! They look awesome under your cake dome.
    That little lady was a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi dear Tea, it is surely a delight to see your cakeplate and behold all the goodies. Don't you just love each and every one?!

    I do this also.....I have a 'resting closet' and place some of my things in there and then trade them out with others when the time is right.

    So glad you are having a wee bit more time now. I sure hope to see you blogging more...I miss you when you aren't here.

    Have a wonderful and blessed day.

    Hugs and love, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I know what I will do with my spare cake stand!!! Thanks for the inspirations.....
    Love Ya',
    Marilyn
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah tea, this is beautiful! Loved the story of the sweet little lady gifting you with her treasures. Like you, I know we must store up our treasures in heaven, but isn't God good to give us beauty in so many things.
    Those little salt dishes are precious, so dainty and delicate. Your pictures have inspired me to get my cake stand down and put pretties under the glass. Hope your day is blessed with goodness!! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tanza! I found you by way of Rose Garden Romantic, and just went thru YOUR WHOLE BLOG!! You have a BEAUTIFUL and MAGICAL home!
    I have a pink coffee pot, too!! I saw many other sweet things of yours that I own, too-it's fun to see how you've displayed them in your home.
    I've also blogged about the same stores, all the ones in Orange are my favorite..especially Tea Leaf Cottage!
    Great blog! I'll be back!!
    Blessings!
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that's just gorgeous Tea! I love it! I know that if I ever saw your home in real life that I would be walking around with my mouth hanging open, saying oh wow, and drooling over all your pretties! lol Wishing you a happy day sweet friend!
    Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tanza. Thanks for coming by and taking the time to leave me a note. I'm glad you think it's a good idea to throw my Where Bloggers Create party. I'm guessing from your note that you will come and peek in as opposed to participating. That's great too! I'm glad you found me. I hope you enjoy looking at all the great spaces!

    Karen
    My Desert Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI TANZA,
    I REMEMBER YOU AS WELL. THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMPLIMENTS. I HAVEN'T GOTTEN RID OF ALL OF MY SHABBY SWEET STUFF. I OF COURSE KEPT ALL OF MY REBECCA PRETTIES. AND ALL OF MY FAVORITES. I DID HAVE A HUGE YARD SALE, MOSTLY MISMATCHED CHINA, SILVERWARE, ROSE PICTURES OLD BOOKS ETC. THE LITTLE THINGYS, AND SOME EXTRA FURNITURE I HAD. TIMES ARE ROUGH, BUT WE ARE ALSO MOVING AGAIN AND I NEEDED TO CLEAR OUT SOME THINGS. I DID FIND OUT LATER THAT ONE OF MY BOXES OF REBECCA'S ORNAMENTS WAS SOLD WITH OUT ME KNOWING, MY HUBBY DIDN'T KNOW WHAT THEY WERE, I HAD EACH ONE WRAPPED SO HE DIDN'T KNOW THEY WERE MY SPECIAL ONES, HE SAID SOME LADY SAID..OOOH HOW MUCH ARE THOSE AND HE SOLD THEM, BUT I ACTUALLY CRIED. I KNOW I WILL HAVE A CHANCE TO GET MORE SOMEDAY SO I AM NOT FREAKING OUT ABOUT IT, BUT I DID WHEN I SAW THE BOX GONE. I DO STILL HAVE A FEW OF THEM THOUGH, I HAVEN'T COUNTED BUT I AM HOPING ATLEAST 10 OR SO... ANYHOW, GLAD TO HAVE "MET" YOU IN A WAY. IT IS NICE TO BE SURROUNDED BY PEOPLE WHO ENJOY THE SAME THINGS :) MAYBE WE CAN MEET UP AND DO LUNCH IF YOU ARE EVER OUT IN TEMECULA, I LIKE TO GO TO OLD CIRCLE ORANGE, HIT COUNTRY ROADS AND HAVE LUNCH AT PARIS IN A CUP WHEN I GET THE CHANCE. TAKE CARE- HEATHER

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just happened to come across your blog. What a great idea to display the trinkets you love. Loved the story to about the old lady putting her cherished items into your hand to take home. I thought that was a nice little pick me up story to your post. You have a nice blog.

    ReplyDelete