Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sooo sad to see...

Hello all my bloggy girlfriends,
As you know, I had gone out to lunch and shop with my sisters and Momma yesterday.. After lunch we headed to Rachel Ashwell's Shabby Chic Store in Newport Beach.. This was soo sad to see.. At its' best times this store was simply gorgeous, and such eye candy just to walk by..I had to share pictures of what remains so far.. So disappointing and disheartning to say the least.. Everything was soo picked over, and very marked down.. I still thought it was very expensive tho..People were buying it all up still..I tried to find something, even something little, but just didn't find anything I HAD to have.. I think too, because it took the air out of me to actually see this happening, and to know, years ago, it was actually Rachel who got me to truly LoVe what I LoVe..and to see it going away, at least for now, well, is kinda sad to me.. I don't like to see this happen to anyone, and believe me, this was a dynasty, and she always had quite the following..I just hope and pray she gets herself out of this, and knowing her, get right to what she soo LoVes doing and to the top again.. Everything she touches, turns out, simply sweet, and beautiful.. I will sooo miss going to this beautiful shoppe on my jaunts..My Sis says the Shabby Chic in Malibu is still opened.. Not sure about the stay of that one.. Just thought I'ld share for all you that know of her and her sweet stores.. I'll share more about our shopping spree soon, ALL the positive fun places we found treasures.. It truly was a wonderful, happy day..just went by way to fast !! I think we came home with a "trunk full of junk" anyways..Share more soon.. You all have a happy, tickle your heart somehow,kinda day.. God is Good !! Love you all, and hugs as usual...~tea~xo

10 comments:

  1. I saw several items in the storefront which I would not mind haveing:-). I totally understand your sadness. I actually grieved when some of my favorite junk, antique shops went out of business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sad. I hope that her business will continue in other areas. I have all three of her books. She is a great inspiration, but I just use her ideas because her stuff is expensive. I just get sad at all our local businesses that are going out too. I sure hope the economy turns around.

    Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had heard that she was going out of business. I never have been to her stores but I covet her fabrics!! LOL!!
    I live in a very small town (pop under 1800) & we have lost several businesses over the last few months. Sad, it is so sad. :(
    Marilyn
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's scary sad, the huge retailers and such that are going out of business. That actual store almost looks like a clearance warehouse, no longer the pretty displays or anything huh? I had read her blog and saw where several stores were closing.

    Hope you had a wonderful time yesterday shopping though!!

    Glad you popped over for a visit today, I enjoy your visits so much, and the picture from my blog today came from myfabfaith.com. Enjoy your weekend my friend.
    ♥ Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tea, oh, this is sad! I had no idea she was in any kind of trouble. I have two of her books and I just love them.

    We have so many stores in Florida going out of business. I have never truly seen anything like it in my lifetime....shocking!

    Hope you are doing well, sweetie.

    Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Know what? Joel 2:24 says this: "He will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten."

    I don't know what God has planned for Rachel and her company but I do know He promises sunshine after rain and joy after sorrow.

    Sometime change is good. I believe the best of her is yet to be seen.

    Sad for her loss? Yes! Full of fear and sorrow? No. She will rise again and be better for her sufferings.

    Thank you for sharing Sweet Tea...I had hoped to see one of her stores and now I have.

    Love you...to the moon sweet friend of mine. I love you. Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is truly sad but I have to believe Rebecca is correct. I have to believe it. There is so much sadness and sorrow all over the world. This is yet, one more thing. I find great comfort in Rachel's ideas, designs and cloth. She has produced some of the most beautiful fabrics. And who wouldn't love any piece of furniture she does. Let's hope and pray she comes back with her passions once again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know where I found you, but I'm glad I did, sugar! What a delightful blog you have. I, also, hate to see Shabby Chic stores close, but there are other places also. It's nice to meet you and I DO adore your lovely name, chickee! Drop by and visit if you get the chance.
    xoxo,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank YOU, sweetpea!!! He can use all the prayers he can get. Hubs is going down there this weekend to give him a father's blessing and check on him. I'm SOOOOOOO happy and glad to meet ya, chickee. I'll add ya to my Google Reader and keep up with ya.
    xoxo,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Mother' Day to you Tea!!! Hope you have a wonderful day of spoiling from your family and enjoy being with them all. Thanks soooo much for your sweet heartfelt comments yesterday, you are a sweetheart!!
    xoxoxoxo
    ♥ Teresa

    ReplyDelete