Wednesday, May 6, 2009

let's makeup table....

Hi my sweet girly girls,
Hope to find you all happy and having a wonderful week so far.. Yesterday when I was at work, all of us girls' got into the conversation of putting on our makeup.. The biggest question, or topic, was do you stand up in the mirror,or sit at a table or (vanity).. It was soo funny to hear everybodys preferance.. from sitting on the floor, to sitting up on the bathroom counter, or sitting at a vanity.. Out of six girls, I'm the only one that sits at a vanity.. WHAT !! Please tell me, some of you sit down at one.. I can't imagine standing, and trying to see that far into the mirror.. I have to get really close.. At least I admit this..hahaha.. My eyesight may not be as perfect as once was.. But, come on ladys.. I'm not a spring chickee anymore.. Soo, I thought I'm gonna share this with my bloggy girls, and you'll have to tell me what you do !! I told my work girlies I was taking a vote on this.. Please Please tell me I'm not the only one that sits..hahaha..
Oh well, thought I'ld share my little makeup table with all of you..I pull out the lighted makeup mirror to use in the morning.. It's just not pretty, so it gets put away..See, my lil' sweet chair, from none other than sweet ~r~, at "A Gathering Place".. and all my pretties are mostly from her as well.. It's a sickness girlies..LoVe my "pink pretties" from her !! Oh well my friends, let me know what you do, I hope it makes me feel better !! Have a wonderful Wednesday evening ladies, and I'll share more soon.. Oh by the way, Thank you sooo much for all of you that blogged me, and emailed me to wish happy birthday wishes.. I sooo appreciate your thoughts and kind words..But, I've stopped here, No more birthdays for ~t~..hehhehe.. Love and hugs to you all..~tea~xo

10 comments:

  1. OH IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE IF YOU HAVE A MOVABLE MIRROR, SOME OF THOSE VANITY TABLES HAVE THE MIRROR AT THE BACK WHICH WOULD BE TOO FAR FOR ME TO SEE. YOURS IS GORGEOUS!
    I STAND IN FRONT OF MY BATHROOM MIRROR, SORRY.
    %*_*%

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sit, sit, sit! :) :) :)

    See girly girl, we ARE ALIKE! Promise to chat with you soon!

    Love & Miss you...

    Reb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to stand at my mirror for now until I get my vanity finished. I have a smaller make-up mirror on my bathroom counter because I can't see very well either. I can't see anything until I put in my contacts. My little boy calls it 'putting in my eyeballs'. LOL

    Hugs,
    Lee Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a sitter!! I'm just to old to stand for long, the back gives out, lol!! Your vanity is beautiful and girly tea, love it!!! Oh, you can't give up the birthdays, then you'll get no more pretty pink birthday presents. LOL!! Have a joyous day!!!
    Hugs, ♥ Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I lean over my bathroom sink to get real close to the mirror (tired-eye's). LOL!!
    Your Vanity is to-die-for!! Beautiful!!
    I remember my Grandmother had a lovely vanity she used. When I was little I used to sit there. I never touched anything because makeup was an expensive luxury for her.
    Great post... Great Memories!!
    Love,
    Marilyn
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Y'all are so cute! I stand, also ... need to get as close to that mirror w/o my glasses so I can see what goes where. What a gorgeous vanity ... mine is going out in a yard sale this summer. G'ma Cora had all these expensive crystal perfume bottles on her vanity tray ... dripping with her jewelry ... we only got to 'look', no 'touch'.

    Happy belated birthday ... may your Mother's Day be blessed.

    TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too stand, I don't even have a good excuse either, I have a beautiful shabby chic vanity too! HEAVENS! So there, I have confessed. Your vanity is just beautiful, and I am proud of you for using yours...makes me have vanity guilt! :)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog, I enjoyed yours so much!
    XO,
    Donna Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Because of my bathroom set up, I stand. Sometimes my back gets sore and I wish I could sit. I love you're vanity, it is sooooo cute!

    Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful vanity for such a pretty lady! LOVE IT Tanza I simply have to sit and use a makeup mirror, but still haven't found the perfect vanity, well did vintage white wicker years ago and couldn't get it home!! Have a beautiful weekend, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Darling Tea, well, I sit!!!!!! Yes sireee! I have always had a dressing table...remember I am Southern and putting on makeup is an art!!! heeheh. Seriously, I adore a dressing table....it forces you to slow down and smell the roses.

    Yours is divine, Tea. I love it.

    Happy Mother's Day sweetheart. Always thankful for your visits to Bella Vista.

    Love, Barb

    ReplyDelete