Sunday, April 5, 2009

sweet ..chippy..hamper...

Hello to all my lovely lady friends,
Hope this finds you all having a wonderful Sunday evening.. I've wanted to show you this lil' hamper.. a friend painted up for me awhile ago.. It's been painted a sweet sagey soft green, and the lid is sugarey pink, with hand-painted pretty roses.. Of course, I don't feel it with dirty clothes, instead it's filled to the brim with beautiful, old lace, and linens..It smells so wonderful, when it's opened, cuz I put cut lavender inside of it !! Love that smell.. Soo fresh and clean..Whoever thought an old wicker clothes hamper, would be reused to hold beautiful, sweet lace..The paint is real chippy,but, I adore chippy with softness overflowing..I always have to giggle, and wonder,if maybe one day, someone will love and adore me, saying "A little chippy, painted softly, aged to perfection,and to be loved and adored", cuz we're old ... I surely hope soo, don't you ?! hahaha..Ooohhh my girlies, always trying to look on the bright side.. Okay, I'll share another treasure soon, always LoVe when you all share with meee.. Wishing you all a Beautiful,peaceful,Palm Sunday.. God is good and ever so gracious.. Keep lookin' up !! Love to you all..
Big hugs,~tea~xo

14 comments:

  1. love that colour green it is just like the colour we painted our baby change table that is now my crafting table. it is chippy too and i love it that way.
    our palm sunday was lovely. lemon cake shared with my sister mmmmmmm
    %*_*%

    ReplyDelete
  2. There you are!!! You must be a busy girl these days. Love the hamper, the green is the color of my guest bathroom walls and comes in second only to the pink. You're very clever in the way you put it to use, I never would have thought of it. Loved your post, they always make me grin. Have a great Monday.
    ♥ Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I soooo wish I had one of these! Maybe when our kitchen remodel is done and we build our new laundry room I can hunt one down!

    Beautiful Sweetie! MISS YOU! We both need to slow down, huh?

    xoto the moon!

    Reb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love the soft shade of green. What a beautiful addition to your home.
    Have a great week.
    Hugs,
    Marilyn
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tea, love your hamper and especially the soft shade of green. The color just calms me down and makes me smile.

    It is so sweet. Hope you are having a lovely day.


    Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a beauty Tea, and BTW...so are you:-) Have a super week ahead....xoxo~Janet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty, Pretty, Pretty!! I just love your beautiful hamper with the soft greens and pretty pinks. What a great place to store all of your linens.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tanza, Your friend did a nice job with the lid. Very pretty! Great piece!

    Have a wonderful day-

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love love it. Anything with the right colors and chippy paint... ooooh. I have a green step stool that i'm going to paint white then rub off so the green comes through. Then, I will place my bunny atop of it with a lamp. I have many many ideas and to do's but must wait for health to pickk up a bit. It will and God willing the energy too so I can accomplish all my "things". Love your hamper. Truly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That hamper is fabulous!!! Oh my goodness, the colors are so yummy and the pink and roses, oh be still my heart!! I want it, lol!
    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Tea for leaving me the sweet comments and praying for me. I'm getting ready to go to the hospital and before I leave I wanted to thank a few friends for keeping me in their prayers. I will be in touch soon.
    Hugs,
    Lee Laurie

    ReplyDelete