Friday, April 17, 2009

my kitchen shelf...

Hi sweet bloggy friends,
Hope this is finding you all well,happy, and full into the swing of Spring.. I've had a busy week, Spring Break for my youngest, sooo, that means we go wherever he may want to go.. Always fun tho..I had some free time Wed.., he was gone all day,so Momma cleaned.. This is my shelf in my kichen, up really high, you can see my border, that's how high it is.. It was an old headboard made into this shelf, and do you all notice it's not PINK.. oh my..I loved the yellow tho, and there is sweet bluebirds painted on it, to go with my Lefton blluebird collection..I hope you can see them.. very sweet.. My friend Grace, from a "little bit uf Grace,"painted this for me..And, I still LOVE this.. Am I a clutter Queen or what..I just can't help it, and when I LOVE something, I truly LOVE and cherish things that tickle my "pink lovin' forever heart"..Hope your all planning a fun, creative, go somewhere fun time this weekend.. The weather is glorious here.. so, we'll be outdoors somewhere.. May you be blessed, and full of happiness, share more soon..Blessings and big hugs to you ALL !! ~tea~xo

12 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!! The headboard & the Bluebirds are Lovely!! Know what???? It would look good in my Cottage Livingroom!!
    Have a Wonderful Weekend!
    Love,
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little shelf is so pretty! I love the little hand painted bluebirds. Your Lefton bluebirds are darling! I love the tulips on their heads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooooooohhhhh Tanza... I love it all!!! Everything from the color of the shelf to the pretty china and those very sweet little blue birds. Now, if I could just talk you into giving it all to me, I'd be one of the happiest girls in the world....LOL

    I always loving coming to visit your blog. You have so many beautiful things. It's pure eye candy to someone who loves all of the same things you do.

    Hope you have a fantastic weekend. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great idea, that head board could have been thrown out but you gave it new life! i love all of your treasures, every single one of them :)
    %*_*% rosey

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love repurposing!! I also think your pink glassware is gorgeous. The shade of pink.. mmm dreamy. The little birds is like looking out my window. We have birds everywhere here. As usual, always fun to wander through your house aimlessly. So much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tea! I love your pretty yellow kitchen shelf...I adore yellow and it just wakes up all the colors around it. All your little pretties are so sweet.

    I have always said...when you love something, run with it. Love it to the max. That is what makes life so much fun.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    Hugs and smiles, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very clever! So many "pretties" on your creative endeavor...LOVING IT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in shock!!!!!!! NO PINK??????

    Drats! I thought I knew you so well. I'm off to take EXCEDRIN! This surprise has given me a whale of a headache!

    What else girly girl? What else!

    Now...of course I'm kidding. LOVE THE SHELF...fabulous idea!

    xo to the moon!

    Your forever pink lovin' friend...

    Reb

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a great shelf, and super idea, I love it. Of course you KNOW I love all your pretties and those little bluebirds are the sweetest thing!!! Hope you enjoyed your Spring Break being with the kids, I know you did. Have a super weekend!!!
    ♥ Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Tea,

    So lovely to meet you....... thank you for your visit. I love it when folks stop by.

    I see you live in Anaheim.......how lucky are you? My daughter, grandson and I went to LA for a visit several years ago......and, of course did Disneyland for the little guy, but LOTS of antiquing for US! We loved Orange and Augora Antique Mall......YUMMY! We did the Santa Monica Flea Market too......we just don't have much here, so we had a BALL.....

    Love your little shelf. I'd have snatched it up too. :-) And, your lovely collection.

    Blessing You!
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a clever shelf idea! I wish I had thought of creating a shelf with my old bookcase headboard.
    Love the pretties you dressed it up with:-)

    ReplyDelete